Upon invitation, you can apply for admission to QIMR Berghofer, please follow the steps below. Not all steps may apply to your individual situation, and some documents may not be required. If you have questions, please email Graduateeducation@qimrberghofer.edu.au and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
To be accepted as an Honours or Coursework Masters (includes the dissertation component of a coursework Masters degree) student at QIMR Berghofer you must:
- be enrolled in an Honours or Coursework Masters degree at an Australian or recognised overseas University.
- have already arranged a research project or placement with a QIMR Berghofer supervisor.
- submit a completed Honours or Coursework Masters Form at least one month before you want to start at QIMR Berghofer
- International students must obtain an appropriate visa from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. This process may take more than 12 weeks to finalise and this should be taken into consideration when determining your visit dates. For more information for international students, see our international students page.
You or your QIMR Berghofer supervisor should email the following documents as ONE pdf to Graduateeducation@qimrberghofer.edu.au. All documents should be in English.
Please note that some documentation is not necessary. All compulsory documents are in bold. If you are unsure please email Graduateeducation@qimrberghofer.edu.au.
- Completed Honours/Coursework Masters Admission form.
- Completed Student IP Deed.
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- Brief project outline (no more than one page).
- Copy of Passport photo page for identification purposes.
- Enrolment document from your University.
- Proof of a valid visa to study in Australia (international student).
Once we have received the completed form and all supporting documents, the Higher Degrees Committee will consider your application each Wednesday and Human Resources will notify you of the outcome in writing as soon as possible.
Please confirm your start date with the Human Resources Advisor.
On or prior to your first day, you must complete any conditions associated with your admission.
On the day of Induction, a member of the research group will need to meet you at reception to assist you with the Induction process.