Applications now open
Please note, this scholarship is available to domestic students only.
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute is a world leading translational research institute focused on cancer, infectious diseases, mental health and chronic disorders.
We have over 500 staff and students who are provided with state of the art facilities, world class mentoring, and professional development training.
This scholarship will provide financial assistance to a female postgraduate student undertaking a full time PhD degree at QIMR Berghofer. This scholarship will provide the following:
- A living allowance of approximately $26,682 per year (tax exempt) for a period of three years, with the possibility of extension for six months.
QIMR Berghofer PhD scholarships are highly competitive and the academic standards listed below are the minimum requirements. Successful applicants are likely to have additional research experience, publications and have presented their work at one or more national or international conferences.
You must be able to commence your PhD degree before 1 May 2018.
To be eligible for assessment you need to meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Academic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with Honours Class I (typically involving a substantial research project) or a Research Master’s degree or equivalent OR
- A coursework Master’s degree with a research component of at least 25 % of an academic year and an overall grade point average equivalent to ≥5.5 on a 7-point scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Ensure you meet the required eligibility criteria.
Check the student projects and confirm that you meet any requirements for the mental health project. You must contact the researcher before you submit an EOI application.
Complete an expression of interest form (EOI). Fill out one EOI per project. You cannot apply for more than three projects.
Please provide these documents as part of your EOI application:
- Your academic transcript for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees (you must provide the official grading guides); and
- Two referee letters.
Email your EOI application as a single pdf to email@example.com.
Wait for a response to your EOI.
Closing date for submitting a complete EOI application is midnight AEST on 3 September 2017.
The QIMR Berghofer Higher Degrees Committee will review your application.
As a guide, your application is likely to take approximately four weeks to process after the closing date.
IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL
- You will receive a formal written offer of scholarship via email.
- Submit a full admission application to QIMR Berghofer (by invitation only).
- Immediately submit an admission application to your chosen university (if you haven’t done so already).