Dr Christine Guo is a Team Head at QIMR Berghofer. She joined the Institute in 2013, on a sponsored international research fellowship to establish independent research in mental health and dementia. She aims to develop sensitive and reliable markers for detecting and monitoring pathology in the brain using non-invasive imaging.
Dr Guo’s training and research experience extends from molecular biology and genetics to systems neuroscience, and the diversity of her techniques ranges from electrophysiology in animal models to clinical neuropsychology and functional neuroimaging. Dr Guo is leading several studies using a multidisciplinary approach, combining functional MRI imaging analysis, clinical anatomy and clinical neuropsychology.
Other current appointments
- Reviewer for high-impact journals including Biological Psychiatry, NeuroImage, Journal of Neuroscience, and Human Brain Mapping.
- Honorary Research Fellow, Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland.
- Honorary Research Fellow, Centre of Advanced Imaging, The University of Queensland.
- QIMR Berghofer International Research Fellow.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, UCSF.
Current Area of Research
- Imaging and biological markers in dementia.
- Imaging markers in refractory epilepsy.
- Advanced neuroimaging methods.
- Cognitive and socio-emotional changes in dementia.
- Neural basis of emotion.
- Neuroscience in real life.
- Prospective Imaging Study of Ageing.
- 7T Healthy Ageing.
- Neuroscience in naturalistic setting.
- Neuroimaging for surgical planning in refractory epilepsy.
- Professor Michael Breakspear, Systems Neuroscience Group, QIMR Berghofer.
- Dr Jason Mulvenna, Infectious Disease and Cancer, QIMR Berghofer.
- Associate Professor Gail Robinson, UQ.
- Professor Gerard Byrne, UQ.
- Associate Professor Markus Barth, UQ.
- Associate Professor Margie Wright, UQ.
- Associate Professor Jane Stadler, UQ.
- Associate Professor Olivier Salvado, CSIRO.
- Professor Stephen Rose, CSIRO.
- Associate Professor Robert Henderson, RBWH.
- Dr Sasha Dionisio, Mater Hospital.
- Professor Alan Mackay-Sim, Griffith University.
- Dr Bruce Miller, Memory and Aging Center, UCSF, USA.
- Associate Professor Jennifer Raymond, Stanford University, USA.
- Professor Michael Hornberger, University of East Anglia, UK.
- Xintao Hu, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China.
- Professor Junwei Han, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China.
- Scientific Committee for Herston Imaging Research Facility.
- Research Advisory Group for Herston Imaging Research Facility.
- Biological Psychiatry Australia.
- Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
- Society for Neuroscience.
- American Academy of Neurology.
- 2013: QIMR International Fellowship to start independent research.
- 2012: Best poster award at the 8th International Conference on Frontotemporal Dementias
- 2008 – 2010: Recipient of the Stanford Graduate Fellowship for PhD research.
- Winner of a competitive scholarship to the Methods in Computational Neuroscience course, Massachusetts
- 2011: Received a postdoctoral fellowship to the UCSF Memory and Aging Center under the direct mentorship of Dr William Seeley, MacArthur Fellow.
- 2010: Doctor of Philosophy, Stanford University.
- 2005. Bachelor of Science, Peking University.