The Precision and Systems Biomedicine Laboratory aims to improve modifiable health outcomes by (1) developing better diagnostics, and (2) integrative study of cell membrane disturbance that lead to diseases. We focus on early disease detection and non-drug prevention approaches, to provide Australians tools for actively maintaining health.
Our research combines cell biology and biochemistry knowledge with cutting edge multi-omics technologies in the “wet-lab” with sophisticated computational algorithms (“dry-lab”) to model the complex biomolecular systems. The laboratory has a strong philosophy for inter-disciplinary collaboration, community and industry engagement to ensure translation of research outcomes.
Group Leader: Associate Professor Michelle Hill
- Dr Renee Richards, Laboratory and Research Manager
- Dr Ahmed Mohamed, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Dr Julie Webster, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Dr Mriga Dutt, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Harley Robinson, PhD Student
- Ruichao Zeng, PhD Student
- Annika Krueger, Visiting PhD Student
- Jennifer Nicol, Visiting PhD Student
- Patharee Oungsakul, Visiting PhD Student
- Dr Thomas Stoll, Metabolomics Core Scientific Technical Officer
For more information please visit Michelle Hill’s Google Scholar linked here
Please contact Associate Professor Michelle Hill’s
- Development of lectin-immunoassays for new cancer biomarkers
- Role of the complement system and membrane attack complex in oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Systems biology studies to reveal obesity-associated or disease-related lipid function in cancer, inflammatory bowel disease or neurodegeneration
- Protein and/or metabolite biomarkers for cancer diagnosis and prognosis, in various diseases including prostate, pancreatic, ovarian cancers, multiple myeloma, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease.
- Obesity and immune-suppression in oesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Systems biology studies to reveal obesity-associated or disease-related lipid function in cancer, chronic disease or neurodegeneration
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.