The Medical Genomics Laboratory analyses next generation sequence data to address clinical challenges in a variety of diseases.
The approaches taken include:
- classification of samples into significant subtypes
- identification of driver mutations
- identification of mutational processes that underlie tumour development.
Ultimately, the aim is to find alternate therapeutic targets. These are important steps towards ‘personalised medicine’ where the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients will be based on their individual genomic data.
Group Leader: Dr Nic Waddell
- Dr Katia Nones, Senior Research Officer
- Dr Martha Zakrzewski, Research Officer
- Dr Felicity Newell, Senior Research Officer
- Long read sequence analysis of cancer
- Bioinformatic tools for the analysis of next generation sequence data
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.