The focus of the Cancer Causes and Care Laboratory is the investigation of the aetiology of thyroid, renal cell and gynaecological cancers. It also studies the patterns of care and their associations with survival in ovarian and renal cell cancer.
There are currently several projects using large sets of linked administrative data (>1 million people) to investigate cancer aetiology. In particular, focus is on investigating associations between medicine use and risk/survival from ovarian cancer, as well as associations between hysterectomy +/- oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries) and various cancers including, ovarian, breast and thyroid cancers.
Team Head: Dr Susan Jordan
- Ms Emily Dickson, Research Recruitment Officer
- Keren Papier, Visiting Student
- Dr Jia-Li Feng, Research Officer
- Dr Donald McLeod, NHMRC Early Career Fellow
- Melinda Protani, Research Support Officer
- Karen Tuesley, Research Assistant
- Sabbir Rahman, Student
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.