- 21 February 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come and hear some of Australia’s leading experts discuss the latest research into Alzheimer’s disease.
You are invited to attend a public forum on Alzheimer’s disease at QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute. Five leading researchers will discuss the latest research in the field – including early diagnosis and assessing younger patients – and will be available to answer your questions. They will also share the latest insights from QIMR Berghofer’s Prospective Imaging Study of Ageing, which is trialing brain imaging technology for earlier diagnosis of Alzheimer’s.
DATE: Thursday 21 February 2019
TIME: 6pm (please arrive before 5:55pm)
VENUE: QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, 300 Herston Road, Herston QLD 4006
- Professor Michael Breakspear – Senior Scientist of the Mental Health research program at QIMR Berghofer
- Professor Nick Martin – Head of the Genetic Epidemiology research group at QIMR Berghofer
- Professor Nancy Pachana – Co-director of The University of Queensland’s Ageing Mind Initiative
- Dr Robert Adam – Consultant neurologist and researcher in the Systems Neuroscience research group at QIMR Berghofer
- Dr Olivier Salvado – Head of Imaging and Computer Vision at the CSIRO
- John Quinn – Consumer
- Glenys Petrie – Consumer Advocate
Space is limited and reservations are necessary. To book your free ticket click the RSVP button, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 993 000.