2020 International PhD Scholarship round is now closed.
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute is no longer accepting 2020 International PhD Scholarships as of 31/10/2020.
WHAT IS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
QIMR Berghofer is offering a limited number of PhD scholarships for top International PhD applicants currently living in Australia and eligible for a subclass 500 visa. This scholarship will provide the following:
- A living allowance of approximately $28,096 per year (2020 rate, indexed annually and tax exempt) for a period of three years, with the possibility of extension for six months.
- We will cover the costs of overseas health cover insurance for a single person.
- QIMR Berghofer will nominate you for a tuition fee scholarship from your chosen university.
QIMR Berghofer PhD scholarships are highly competitive and the academic standards listed below are the minimum requirements. Successful applicants are likely to have additional research experience, publications and have presented their work at one or more national or international conferences.
You must be able to take up this scholarship by 31 July 2021.
To be eligible for assessment you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be currently living in Australia and eligible for a subclass 500 visa once you are enrolled at a Queensland University.
- Academic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with Honours Class I (typically involving a substantial research project) or a Research Master’s degree or equivalent OR
- A coursework Master’s degree with a research component of at least 25 % of an academic year and an overall grade point average equivalent to ≥5.5 on a 7-point scale.
- If English is not your first language, you will also need to demonstrate proficiency in English. Your test results must not be older than 1/11/2019. Minimum requirements are:
- IELTS (Academic module) Minimum overall score of 6.5 and score ≥6.0 in every sub-band; OR
- iTOEFL Minimum overall score of 87 and 21 in written, 19 in reading, listening & speaking.
HOW TO APPLY
Ensure you meet the required eligibility criteria.
Check the student projects and confirm that you meet any requirements for the project.
Complete an expression of interest form (EOI). Fill out one EOI per project. You cannot apply for more than three projects.
Please provide these documents as part of your EOI application:
- Your academic transcript for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees (you must provide the official grading guides);
- Two referee letters; and
- IELTS/TOEFL results (you must provide proof of the minimum requirements before 17/11/2020)
Email your EOI application as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wait for a response to your EOI.
Closing date for submitting a completed EOI application is midnight AEST on 31/10/2020.
The QIMR Berghofer Higher Degrees Committee will review your application and will award a limited number of PhD Scholarships.
As a guide, your application is likely to take approximately four weeks to process after the closing date.
IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL
- You will receive a formal written offer of scholarship via email.
- Submit a full admission application to QIMR Berghofer (by invitation only).
- Immediately submit an admission application to your chosen university (if you haven’t done so already).