WHAT IS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
QIMR Berghofer is offering a limited number of highly competitive Honours/Coursework Masters scholarships for top students undertaking their Honours degree or Coursework Masters research project at QIMR Berghofer.
Scholarships up to $5,000pa can be awarded. If the course is undertaken part-time, the award will be offered on a pro-rata basis.
To be eligible for assessment you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have completed or expect to complete an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- You must have an average GPA for your undergraduate degree of greater than 5 (out of 7), or equivalent.
- You must be enrolled or have applied to be enrolled as a QIMR Berghofer Honours or Coursework Masters student.
- You must be enrolled or have applied to be enrolled at an Australian university.
- Your proposed Honours program must comprise one academic year or equivalent, or 50% research if enrolled through a Department of Psychology, of research based in a QIMR Berghofer group.
- Your proposed Masters Coursework research dissertation must be based at QIMR Berghofer.
- Your application must be supported by your principal supervisor who must be a QIMR Berghofer staff member.
HOW TO APPLY
Ensure you meet the required eligibility criteria.
Complete an Honours-Masters Scholarship Application Form (needs to be signed electronically by your Principal Supervisor). Additionally please provide:
- Full academic transcript
- Your up to date Curriculum Vitae
Email your application as a single pdf to email@example.com by 3 March 2023.
Wait for a decision.
The decision will be based on:
- Academic success including prior academic record, prizes and awards
- Prior research experience including presentations and publications
- Involvement in academic and non-academic activities
Closing date for submitting a completed application is 3 March 2023.
The QIMR Berghofer Higher Degrees Committee will review your application and will award a limited number of Scholarships. Applicants will be advised of their application outcome by mid-March.
IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL
- You will receive a formal written offer of scholarship via email.
- You need to accept the offer by sending all the required documents.