QIMR Berghofer’s High School Education Program is proud to provide online resources to support students and teachers.
DATA RESOURCE PACKS
These two data resource packs have been designed to help high school Biology and Psychology students develop their skills in data analysis. Each pack contains two data sets that are based on peer-reviewed research by leading QIMR Berghofer scientists. The packs also include questions modelled on QCAA example data tests, extension questions and researcher profiles.
Download the Biology data resource pack for data on the topics of stem cell biology and disease biology.
Download the Psychology data resource pack for data on the topics of intelligence, brain structure and function, and physiological responses to fright.
ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL LECTURE SERIES
Looking for the latest research insights into genetic technologies, infectious diseases or psychology? Listen in to our online lectures, each featuring presentations from four leading QIMR Berghofer scientists.
In this lecture series you will hear our researchers discuss their efforts to find new treatments for cancer and mental health disorders, and how we’re combining genetics and nanomedicine for new treatments.
- Mr John Pearson – How are butterflies like cancer?
- Associate Professor Tracy O’Mara – Finding new cancer drugs using genetics
- Professor Greg Anderson – Nanomedicine: New technologies to treat old diseases
- Professor Eske Derks – From genetics to more effective treatments for mental health disorders
QIMR Berghofer is a global leader in infectious disease research. Hear our researchers discuss their work into the novel coronavirus SARS-COV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19 disease), along with diseases such as malaria and parasitic infections.
- Professor Sudha Rao – Drug innovation in the race for COVID-19 therapies
- Dr Catherine Gordon – How to eat fried worms
- Professor Christian Engwerda – Why is it so hard to make a malaria vaccine?
- Dr Corey Smith – Do Killer T cells help us fight COVID-19?
In this series some of QIMR Berghofer’s top researchers explore the question ‘Are psychological traits contagious?’ while others examine the effects of stress and the current COVID-19 pandemic on our mental health.
- Professor James Scott – Can mental illness be contagious? Anxiety in response to COVID-19
- Associate Professor Lucia Colodro-Conde – Genetics and stress: Their role in mental health
- Dr Saurabh Sonkusare – What it takes to study emotions
- Dr Katrina Grasby – Intelligence and individual differences
Do you have a question for our researchers?
Submit a question below. We will select a list of the top questions for our scientists to answer.
Information Privacy Notice