COVID-19 Research Appeal
The COVID-19 global pandemic is an unprecedented health emergency.
At this most concerning time, QIMR Berghofer scientists have taken up the challenge and we are seeking your help to fund urgently needed COVID-19 research across a range of areas.
What COVID-19 research do we urgently need to fund?
QIMR Berghofer scientists are working to fast track vital coronavirus research as part of a worldwide effort to understand the disease. This research includes:
- laboratory screening of existing and potential new drugs to treat COVID-19
- developing a test to detect who has immunity to the virus
- understanding why some patients become severely sick while others develop only mild symptoms
- working to understand the virus’s effect on the lungs and respiratory system
- investigating the immune response to COVID-19 in cancer patients
- trying to understand the genetics of how the human body responds to COVID-19
WHAT RESEARCH IS HAPPENING INTO COVID-19 AT QIMR BERGHOFER?
Our scientists are leveraging the Institute’s expertise in infectious diseases, chronic diseases and cancer research to focus on developing much-needed treatments and rapid diagnostic tools for COVID-19. To find out more please click the button below:
Our research – your help – can save lives
COVID-19 has already taken thousands of lives and, tragically, more lives will be cut short in the weeks and months ahead.
But we need your help to make it happen, and to make it happen faster. If you are able to, now is the time to support medical research.
100% of your donation goes directly to our medical research
Thank you for your support. It means so much to our researchers and staff, especially in these challenging times. Together, we will get through this crisis. In the meantime, we wish you and your family the best of health.