WE ARE DELIVERING: Quality Research
- Three of our researchers are in the world’s top 1% Cited Authors in 2015.
- We received two Research Excellence Awards from the NHMRC.
- The World Congress of Psychiatrics selected one of our researchers for their Young Investigator Award 2015.
- 27 of our researchers have had a research paper that has been cited more than 1,000 times.
WE ARE DELIVERING: Relevant Research
- 70 per cent of our teams have direct collaborations with clinicians.
- 50 per cent of our research is in Disease Oriented Discovery and 50 per cent is further along the path to translation.
- We recently collected the first brain images from the Herston Imaging Research Facility (established in collaboration with UQ, QUT and Metro North HSS).
WE ARE DELIVERING: Competitive Research
- We were ranked second of all institutes and universities in Queensland and second in Australia for research funds awarded to institutes by the NHMRC to medical research.
- We provided four of the ten named investigators from Queensland on the successful application by the Australian Genome Health Alliance.
WE ARE DELIVERING: Translated Research
- We published an extensive series of papers that showed how lifestyle choices are responsible for 37,000 new cases of cancer in Australia every year.
- We signed a very significant agreement with Atara Bio-therapeutics to deliver more immunotherapy solutions for a range of diseases. This follows an earlier major agreement with Bristol Myers Squibb for the application of other forms of immunotherapy.
- We launched a new immunotherapy trial for the treatment of glioblastomas (brain cancer).
Thanks to support from our donors and Queensland Health. As you can see, WE ARE DELIVERING.