THE COVID-19 GLOBAL PANDEMIC IS AN UNPRECEDENTED HEALTH EMERGENCY.
At this most concerning time, QIMR Berghofer scientists have taken up the challenge and we are seeking your help to fund urgently needed COVID-19 research across a range of areas.
WHAT COVID-19 RESEARCH DO WE URGENTLY NEED TO FUND?
QIMR Berghofer scientists are working to fast track vital coronavirus research as part of a worldwide effort to understand the disease. This research includes:
- laboratory screening of existing and potential new drugs to treat COVID-19
- developing a test to detect who has immunity to the virus
- understanding why some patients become severely sick while others develop only mild symptoms
- working to understand the virus’s effect on the lungs and respiratory system
- investigating the immune response to COVID-19 in cancer patients
- trying to understand the genetics of how the human body responds to COVID-19
THE FUTURE OF HEALTH
Working closely with clinicians and other research institutes, we're translating discoveries into prevention strategies, new diagnostics and better treatments that save lives.
We are the future of health.