World Science Festival Brisbane returns in March!
QIMR Berghofer is an official program partner – come along and learn about scientific discovery in medical research at a number of World Science Festival events:
- 3 March Gladstone regional schools event – speed chat with our biomedical illustrator, Madeleine Kersting Flynn. SOLD OUT
- 4 March Gladstone regional community event – learn how to be sun-safe and test what blocks UV rays the best! FREE
- 31 March Chinchilla regional schools event – speed chat with our biomedical illustrator, Madeleine Kersting Flynn, and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research manager, Greg Pratt. SOLD OUT
- 1 April Chinchilla regional community event – learn how to be sun-safe and test what blocks UV rays the best, or do a scientific illustration workshop with our biomedical illustrator, Madeleine Kersting Flynn. FREE
- 21-25 March Apprentice program – be an immunologist, geneticist or microbiologist’s apprentice and spend some time in a laboratory learning about the body’s defence system, drug discovery, or DNA. PLACES ARE LIMITED
- 23 March Cool Jobs – listen to amazing scientists talk about their amazing jobs, including a NASA astronaut, a wildlife warrior, and our own biomedical illustrator, Madeleine Kersting Flynn. TICKETS AVAILABLE
- 23 March Quiz night: Are you a polymath? – have a fun evening of scientific quizzing at South Bank with our director, Professor Frank Gannon, as quizmaster. TICKETS AVAILABLE
- 25-26 March Street Science! – come down to the South Bank Cultural Precinct across the weekend to explore dozens of scientific displays designed to delight all ages. Visit our Healthier Futures display and dress up like a scientist, look under the microscopes, learn how to be sun-safe, and make a mozzie that doesn’t bite! FREE
Visit www.worldsciencefestival.com.au for all event information.
World Science Festival Brisbane is presented by the Queensland Museum Network.