To be accepted as an Honours or Coursework Masters (includes the dissertation component of a coursework Masters degree) student at QIMR Berghofer, you must:
- have arranged a research project with a QIMR Berghofer supervisor. See the list of potential projects
- be enrolled through an Australian university
- international students must obtain an appropriate visa from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. This process may take up to 12 weeks to finalise and this should be taken into consideration when determining your start date. For more information, see our international students page.
You must apply for admission at both QIMR Berghofer and your chosen university. To apply for admission to QIMR Berghofer, you or your QIMR Berghofer supervisor should email the following documents as one pdf to email@example.com.
- Completed Honours/Coursework Masters Admission.
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- Brief project outline (no more than one page).
- Academic transcript.
- Confirmation of your enrolment (if you are already enrolled).
Once your completed Honours/Coursework Masters Admission and all supporting documents are received your application will be considered by the Graduate Development Coordinator and you will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible. If we have not yet received confirmation of your university enrolment then any approval will be subject to you providing this before you start at QIMR Berghofer.
Before you can start your project at QIMR Berghofer you must have:
- received notification that your Honours/Coursework Masters Admission has been approved
- provided current proof of your university enrolment. This document can be a letter from your university or a copy of your unofficial academic transcript. However, it must display the university logo and show that you are enrolled in a postgraduate program for the period you will be at QIMR Berghofer. An offer of a university place is not sufficient
- collected your induction documents from Human Resources.
For help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org