Senior school teachers can experience medical research first-hand at QIMR Berghofer in our Teacher Professional Development Workshop.
Held in our state-of-the-art education laboratory, the hands-on workshop aligns with the Queensland senior biology curriculum and is ideal for teachers looking to incorporate practical learning in the classroom.
During the workshop, you’ll conduct the following laboratory activities that can easily translate to an extended experimental investigation for senior students:
- Anti-microbials and diseases.
- Immunity and vaccines.
The workshop costs $50 (per session per teacher) and includes morning tea, a certificate of achievement and all laboratory materials.
Book your place in 2017
We offer two Teacher Professional Development Workshops in 2017:
- Monday 16 October, 9.00 am-3.00 pm.
- Wednesday 6 December, 9.00 am-3.00 pm.
Please note: Each workshop covers the same material. Workshops are limited to 18 participants. Groups of six or more teachers may book additional dates by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do professional development with us?
Taking a professional development workshop at QIMR Berghofer will help you to:
- fulfil part of the teacher professional development and renewal requirements outlined in the Queensland (Standard 10) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- innovate and learn new skills (Standard 6)
- engage professionally with colleagues and the broader community (Standard 7).
find out more
To find out more about our workshops for teachers, contact the Schools Education Coordinator.
Schools Education Coordinator
Dr Liam St Pierre
T (07) 3362 0307