QIMR Berghofer runs a free annual High School Lecture Series where students can hear about the latest medical research discoveries, tour state-of-the-art laboratories and investigate careers in science.
The 2017 High School Lecture Series is running on the following dates:
- Lecture Series 1 – choose from either 26 or 27 April
- Lecture Series 2 – choose from either 18 or 19 July.
The lectures are held in the auditorium at QIMR Berghofer, Herston, and are attended by up to 600 senior science students from south-east Queensland and their teachers. School students are on site from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm.
Schools in the Brisbane metropolitan area may book up to 75 seats. Students traveling from regional (North coast, South coast, Darling Downs or further) or remote schools may book up to 100 seats.
As part of the series, students will:
- Listen to leading scientists talk about their research (seminars are approximately 10-15 minutes each, with 10 minutes for interactive questions).
- Tour a QIMR Berghofer laboratory with a science ambassador.
- Be able to ask questions about careers in science and medical research.
A Certificate of Participation is available for teachers.
Register your class
Information Privacy Notice
Find out more
To find out more about this program, contact the Schools Education Coordinator.
Schools Education Coordinator
T +61 (0)7 3362 0307