- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Groups
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research highlights
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
The Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer is an incredible 2-day, 200km ride to raise money and awareness for cancer research and treatment at QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute.
People of all shapes and sizes, all ages and from all abilities will come together in one amazing show of force.
The 2013 Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer took place over the weekend of 17 - 18 August. A fantastic 1,236 riders took part in the Ride, raising over $4.2 million for the QIMR Berghofer.
This was the third annual Ride, raising funds for life-saving cancer research and clinical trials.
It takes strength in numbers to battle cancer and through the Ride, thousands will will raise millions for our work which includes, ground-breaking research investigating the causes of more than 13 cancers including skin, brain, colorectal, breast, ovarian and lymphoma.
See how funds from the 2013 Ride are being used.
Register now at conquercancer.org.au.