- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Groups
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research highlights
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Christmas Appeal
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- School students
- University students
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
QIMR Berghofer inspires up-and-coming students to consider science as a career path.
For senior students (years 11 and 12) with an aptitude for science, maths and technology, it is important to interact with scientists in the real world of medical research and have a hands-on experience in a working laboratory.
This is called a Day in the life of a scientist and is typically a half-day activity with breaks and includes:
- A hands-on investigation in our new state-of-art education laboratory, purpose built with excellent facilities for up to 24 senior students;
- A talk from researchers at the forefront of discovery (optional);
- A tour of a world class medical research institute facilities (optional); and
- A flexible program to meet teacher, school and student needs which has been aligned to the Queensland senior biology curriculum
Please see which days are available. If you are a senior science teacher and you would like to find out more and sign up for a Day in the life of a scientist, please fill in the form below or email the QIMR Berghofer School Education Coordinator.
"A unique opportunity for students to experience the work of scientists, and further their understanding of scientific research and its importance to society"
Teacher, St John Fisher College