- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Groups
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Participate in our research
- Research highlights
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- School students
- University students
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
|Share on Facebook||Share on Twitter||Share on LinkedIn|
Careers at QIMR Berghofer are life changing. Our mission is to prevent and cure disease through medical research with a vision for better health and well-being for all people.
Why join QIMR Berghofer?
- Be among the best – As a scientist working in one of Australia’s leading research institutions, you’ll be working alongside researchers who are recognised leaders in their fields; they are well published, and highly successful in securing funding for their work.
- Research opportunities and support – Laboratory teams offer diverse opportunities for technicians, research assistants, post-doctorates and research fellows. Your own success at QIMR will be supported through a range of mentoring, development and reward initiatives, and access to modern infrastructure and facilities.
- Support employment – At QIMR Berghofer, making a difference in research goes beyond the laboratory. We strive to provide our scientists with the best available support from our operations and administration teams. With professionalism and customer focus you could contribute to our vision through careers in: External Relations, Human Resources,Finance, IT, Records Management, Safety and Regulatory Affairs, Stores and Warehousing, and Purchasing.
- Salary packaging and flexible conditions – Because we’re a not-for-profit organisation, we can currently offer you generous FBT exempt salary packaging options. We also offer superannuation packaging arrangements, excellent leave options (including up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for eligible employees) and flexible working conditions.
- Staff support and social events – We have an active staff association that represents staff on a range of topics important to the Institute, and runs a social club that organises a variety of social activities. For those who are interested there is also a number of lifestyle groups such as Fit Club, yoga, bushwalking and cycling groups and all new staff are welcome to join.
To help you help us maintain our position as an industry leader, you’ll receive training and development, and have access to reward initiatives and modern facilities.
What are QIMR Berghofer's current vacancies?
Our research programs offer diverse opportunities for scientists, research assistants, technicians and administrative professionals. And we are growing. With our new building recently completed and officially opened, opportunities will continue to be presented for talented and committed team players who want to make a difference in medical research
Look at our Positions Vacant for more information.
Where is QIMR Berghofer located?
The Institute is based in the suburb of Herston, in Brisbane's inner northern suburbs, in Australia. We are next to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital and near the Brisbane CBD.
For more information about living and working in Brisbane, have a look at the websites below: