- About Us
- Our Research
- Diseases and conditions
- Research Groups
- Research support and facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Our publications
- Participate in our research
- Research highlights
- Research history
- Glossary of research terms
- Support Us
- Why support QIMR Berghofer?
- Ways to help
- Book a tour or guest speaker
- February Appeal
- Our supporters
- Thanks to our donors
- School students
- University students
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- CMV study
- Queensland Pancreatic Cancer Study
- QIMR Berghofer Centre for Immunotherapy and Vaccine Development
QIMR Berghofer has a strategic plan, the QIMR Berghofer Roadmap, to guide operations of the Institute in a competitive and changing environment.
To be a world renowned medical research institution.
Better health through medical research.
QIMR Berghofer supports scientists who perform world-class medical research aimed at improving the health and well-being of all people.
QIMR Berghofer's areas of focus
- QIMR Berghofer will become a world leader in medically relevant research and transfer this knowledge and understanding to the clinic;
- It will focus on areas that are of high importance to Queensland and that will include regionally relevant diseases and those that are major causes of mortality and morbidity to the community;
- Excellence in research and researchers will characterise QIMR Berghofer; and
- The research programs of QIMR Berghofer will be firmly underpinned by outstanding fundamental research of direct relevance to the research that is closer to translation.
QIMR Berghofer's strategic priorities
QIMR Berghofer's strategic priorities are to:
- Strengthen research activities;
- Introduce a career development structure;
- Support researchers to promote retention;
- Clarify organisational structures;
- Provide a career structure for all researchers;
- Increase inter-institutional collaborations;
- Strengthen collaborations on the Herston campus;
- Diversify income sources for QIMR Berghofer; and
- Increase the focus on outputs.