Our Analytical Facility offers a range of services to support researchers, enabling them to deliver high quality and reproducible research.
The following services are available to internal and external researchers, as well as commercial customers. For more information email the facility manager at email@example.com.
Big dye sequencing
Big dye sequencing is used to:
- verify PCR amplicons/fragments
- verify plasmids and cosmids
- verify Genomic DNA
- provide DNA Barcoding for species ID.
Human cell line authentication
Human cell line authentication uses Short Tandem Repeats (STR) to validate cell line authenticity.
- A minimum of 10 markers are used to identify a cell line (conforms to ASN-0002 standard).
- A small amount of Genomic DNA is needed ͠~50ng.
- Our experienced staff can offer advice for problematic allelic spectral interpretations.
Cell line quality control (QC) testing
Research excellence using tissue culture requires that the cultured cells be maintained free of Mycoplasma. We provide a service for the detection of viable Mycoplasma in tissue culture.
- Our luminescence assay only detects viable/live Mycoplasma.
- Only small amounts of spent culture media are needed ͠~1mL.
About the Analytical Facility
The Analytical Facility is a multi-faceted facility that has been operating at QIMR Berghofer for over 25 years. The facility provides outstanding Quality Control (QC) tested products and services for research groups and external customers.
Units within the facility include:
- DNA Sequencing and Cell line Authentication
- Culture Media Services Unit
- Glassware and Waste Disposal.