QIMR Berghofer Indigenous PhD Scholarship
Applications are now closed, but if you’re interested in this scholarship, please contact Gregory Pratt.
As part of the the Indigenous Health Research Program, QIMR Berghofer is offering a competitive PhD scholarship to an Aboriginal or Torres Strait student to support their doctoral research at QIMR Berghofer by providing a living allowance.
$26,000 per annum (this rate is indexed annually), for three years with the possibility of extension for 6 months.
- Must be an Australian resident of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. *
- Enrolled at an Australian University in a PhD program.
- Have arranged a research project with a QIMR Berghofer supervisor. See the list of potential projects.
*You will be required to provide confirmation of your Aboriginality preferably in the form of a letter from a community representative or organisation.
Do not meet the criteria above? Click here to view other scholarship schemes offered by QIMR Berghofer.
Admission into a PhD program at an Australian university is required. Entry requirement guidelines are:
- a bachelor’s degree with honours IIA or better, which must include a relevant research component
- a research master’s degree
- a postgraduate degree, with a relevant research component of at least 25 % of one academic year and a GPA comparable to at least 5.50 out of 7.0 (other demonstrated research experience equivalent to Honours IIA may be considered)
- a bachelor’s degree plus two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
Please submit the following documents as part of your application to Human Resources.
- Completed QIMR Berghofer Indigenous PhD Scholarship Application Form (DOCX 56.3 KB).
- Academic CV.
- Academic transcript (undergraduate and postgraduate).
- Two referee reports.
- Confirmation of Indigenous descent.