Our laboratory studies the most common and aggressive form of both adult brain cancer, Glioblastoma (GBM) and paediatric brain cancer Medulloblastoma. The focus of our research is on understanding the molecular mechanisms which are responsible for the initiation and recurrence of brain cancers and to develop and test new and effective therapies to treat these aggressive diseases.
Team Head and Sid Faithfull Fellow: Dr Bryan Day
- Dr Yi Chieh Lim, Postdoctoral Scientist
- Dr Rochelle D’Souza, Postdoctoral Scientist
- Dr Seçkin Akgül, Postdoctoral Scientist
- Dr Carolin Offenhauser, Postdoctoral Scientist
- Kathleen Ensbey, Research Assistant
- Fiona Smith, Research Assistant
- Zara Bruce, Research Assistant
- Michelle Li, PhD student
- Manasi Jiwraka, MPhil Student
- Dr James Gallo, Clinical Associate
- Professor Andrew Boyd, Honorary scientist
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.