Research undertaken by the Cancer Control Group is conducted with a view to reducing the burden from cancer through identifying risk factors, then translating these research findings into policy and practice. This includes research to identify the environmental and genetic factors that cause cancer, as well as research into early diagnosis, treatment and survival.
The group had two major areas of research focus: melanoma and skin cancer, and upper gastrointestinal neoplasia.
Senior Scientist: Professor David Whiteman
- Catherine Olsen, Senior staff
- Dr Annika Antonsson, Senior Research Officer
- Karen Harrap, Database Manager
- Rebekah Cicero, Project staff
- Suzanne O’Brien, Project Manager
- Barbara Ranieri, Project staff
- Bridie Thompson, Project staff
- Chris Hill, Project staff
- Daniel Lancini, Project staff
- Brad Kendall, Affiliate
- Marina Kvaskoff, Visiting scientist
- Nirmala Pandeya, Visiting Scientist (SPH, University of Qld)
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.