Research undertaken by the Cancer Control Group is conducted with a view to reducing the burden from cancer through identifying risk factors, then translating these research findings into policy and practice. This includes research to identify the environmental and genetic factors that cause cancer, as well as research into early diagnosis, treatment and survival.
The group had two major areas of research focus: melanoma and skin cancer, and upper gastrointestinal neoplasia.
Senior Scientist & Deputy Director: Professor David Whiteman
- Dr Catherine Olsen, Senior Research Officer
- Dr Annika Antonsson, Senior Research Officer
- Rebekah Cicero, Project staff
- Suzanne O’Brien, Project Manager
- Dr Bridie Thompson, Research Officer
- Dr Brad Kendall, Visiting Scientist
- Dr Marina Kvaskoff, Visiting Scientist
- Dr Nirmala Pandeya, Senior Research Officer
- Lea Jackman, Database Manager
- Andrea McMurtrie, Research Nurse
- Dr Jean Claude Dusingize, PhD Student
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.