The Cancer and Chronic Disease Research Group covers three main broad research areas:
- Management of chronic liver disease and hepatocellular carcinoma (the most common type of liver cancer).
- Patterns of care of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with cancer, from diagnosis, use of health services, supportive care needs, cancer treatment and survival.
- Descriptive epidemiology of cancer and chronic liver disease (e.g. incidence, trends, geographic distribution of disease).
We also collaborate with other research groups on projects focusing on cervical, bone and lung cancers, chronic respiratory disease and multiple sclerosis.
Team Head: Associate Professor Patricia Valery
- Dr Christina Bernardes, Research Officer
- Judith Meiklejohn, Research assistant
- Brian Arley, Scientific officer
- Jimin Kang, Junior staff
- Abbey-Rose Diaz, PhD student
- Audra de Witt, PhD student
- Kelly Hayward, Master of Philosophy student
- Marie Lashbrook, PhD student
If you wish to apply for QIMR Berghofer's student program,
click here for more information.