- 13 September 2017
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
How genome editing and cell re-programming enhance our knowledge of disease models
QIMR Berghofer hosts the Brisbane event of a half-day seminar Roadshow series coordinated by Thermo Fisher Scientific, including morning tea, lunch, networking and a trade display. The seminar will give scientists the opportunity to join like-minded peers on a national scientific tour to discuss breakthroughs, best practices and trends in genetic engineering.
LEARN ABOUT THESE APPLICATIONS AND WORKFLOWS:
- Genome editing: Rapid and highly efficient cell engineering via CRISPR/Cas9, as well as the latest advancements in lentiviral CRISPR Cas9 screening arrays.
- Gene modification delivery systems: CRISPR and stem cell transfection approaches in neurobiology and other diseases.
- Stem cells and reprogramming applications: Using stem cells and iPSC reprogramming for modeling disease.
- Jason Potter, PhD – Head of Synthetic Biology Enzymology, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Carlsbad, USA
- James Kehler, VMD PhD – Director of Scientific Alliances, MTI-GlobalStem, Gaithersburg, USA
- Arjun Challagulla, PhD – Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory
- Aneta Przepiorski, PhD – Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland
- Jimmy Leong, PhD – Technical Specialist, Thermo Fisher Scientific
For more information, a full program and to register please visit the Roadshow website.