Careers at QIMR Berghofer are life-changing. Be part of a world-renowned medical research institution that translates discoveries into clinical practice.
Why join QIMR Berghofer?
- Be among the best – As a scientist working in one of Australia’s leading research institutions, you’ll be working alongside researchers who are recognised leaders in their fields; they are well published, and highly successful in securing funding for their work.
- Research opportunities and support – Laboratory teams offer diverse opportunities for technicians, research assistants, post-doctorates and research fellows. Your own success at QIMR will be supported through a range of mentoring, development and reward initiatives, and access to modern infrastructure and facilities.
- Support employment – At QIMR Berghofer, making a difference in research goes beyond the laboratory. We strive to provide our scientists with the best available support from our operations and administration teams. With professionalism and customer focus you could contribute to our vision through careers in: External Relations, Human Resources,Finance, IT, Records Management, Safety and Regulatory Affairs, Stores and Warehousing, and Purchasing.
- Salary packaging and flexible conditions – Because we’re a not-for-profit organisation, we can currently offer you generous FBT exempt salary packaging options. We also offer superannuation packaging arrangements, excellent leave options (including up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for eligible employees) and flexible working conditions.
- Staff support and social events – We have an active staff association that represents staff on a range of topics important to the Institute, and runs a social club that organises a variety of social activities. For those who are interested there is also a number of lifestyle groups such as Fit Club, yoga, bushwalking and cycling groups and all new staff are welcome to join.
To help you help us maintain our position as an industry leader, you’ll receive training and development, and have access to reward initiatives and modern facilities.
information for applicants
Applications must include:
- a cover letter addressing the selection criteria*
- curriculum vitae or resume
- proof of academic qualifications
- the names and contact details of three professional referees.
*Selection criteria are outlined in the position description or, if no position description is available, the advertisement.
Applications can be submitted via the ‘Apply’ button on the positions vacant page
- Applications may be in either Microsoft Word (97 or later) or PDF format.
- All applications will be acknowledged by a successful submission message displayed on screen once your application is submitted.
- If you do not see a successful submission message after submitting your application, please email QIMR.Vacancy@qimrberghofer.edu.au to notify Human Resources of the issue.